Monday, March 24, 2014

A House, a Home, and a Change

    I could hear the birds chirping as I walked downstairs, ready for my normal routine.  The scent of simmering bacon blew past my nose and a sense of content washed over me.  In the kitchen my mother was anticipating my arrival.  As I entered the kitchen I saw the concerned look on my moms face. It was then that I realized that my life was about to change.

     I was moving.  I couldn't believe it.  I wouldn't be spending the rest of my days as a student in the house I grew up in and love so much.  Although, I was sad at first I knew it was the right thing to do. I had to suck it up and begin the process of change.  First, we sold all of our extra stuff.  The apartment we are moving to can't fit all the luxuries we have now.  Then we found a wonderful family to buy our home.  Now it's time to pack up our stuff and be on our way.

One could say the move is for the best.  I get to design a new room of mine and even help design the rest of the apartment.  But in the end, although I will miss the house I have always known, I understand that this is the fate my family is supposed to encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment